Thursday, April 9, 2009

suicide

I don't know about you but I don't think I could ever even attempt to kill myself. Today in my AP Psych class we had to do a whole assignment about suicide and simply reading the facts shocked me. I was surprised to learn that the percentage of teenagers now that kill themselves apposed to some years ago has almost equaled the amount of adults. Also I was very surprised to learn that one of the main reasons for a teenager to take there own life is due to a breakup with a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Are you kidding me?! That just sounds too crazy to even believe. I mean I know that there is a lot of drama and hard times to deal with in high school and even in a break up with someone you care about but killing yourself? To me it seems like such a "quick fix" that teenagers are attracted to. If you ask me I think that it could quite possibly be one of the most selfish things someone could ever do; almost like a big slap in the face to your friends and family, the people who truly care about you. I guess I just have such a strong opinion on this topic and I'm kind of taking my feelings out on this post but man it's so frustrating to hear about people even in my school killing them selves. It may be the easy way out for them but they aren't the ones that have to deal with it in the end.

No comments: