Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Friday

Due to the massive amounts of school we missed for the terrible weather we have here in the Midwest all of our scheduled half days were changed back into full days. And when I say all I really do mean all of them. Even the one we were supposed to have on Good Friday was changed. I know that for some people Good Friday doesn't mean anything but others it does. Why would you change the date of Good Friday when a half day already counts as a full day anyways? I mean I understand changing some half days into full days so teachers have the opportunity to catch up and teach more than they would on a half day but can't they make some exceptions? It is a holiday. Why do you get so long of a break for Christmas or even for spring but not for a religious holiday? I don't know I guess it's just kind of frustrating to be stuck in school now that we have to make up for all the days we should've been at school in the winter. Oh well not much I can do now, Good Friday has come and gone and I was in school for most of the day. I guess we will wait until next year and see what happens. Let's hope we see a better result then.

No comments: