Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter sunday was a blast :]

Oh man. I ALWAYS look forward to holidays. Not only is it an opportunity to sometimes get out of school, but more importantly it is the chance for me to spend time with my entire family. My mom's side of the family is HUGE and they all live in Cedar Rapids or towns surrounding it. Every time there is a holiday my whole family comes over to my house. The few days before this event it is kind of stressful at my house because my mom and dad run around the house cleaning and telling me to help them clean. I hate cleaning and so cleaning my whole house in one day is not something I necessarily enjoy doing. Most of the time I try to get out of the house as much as possible hoping to return and have the house cleaned and ready to go, that never happens. Up until about twenty minutes before it is time for people to start arriving my parents work diliigently on perfecting everything imaginable in my house. BUT once my family gets there and brings in the food and fun everything mellows down and it becomes a time to catch up and relax. For me I am right in between the two generations so I am younger than the adults but older than the young kids. Most of the time I find myself running around with all the little kids and when that gets old I come upstairs, eat and mingle with the adults. It is a great time and I had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

No comments: