Tuesday, May 12, 2009

summer conditioning

School officially gets out on the eleventh of June and the ACT is on the thirteenth. After those two days you think I would be free to enjoy the rest of my summer and have fun spending time in the sun with my friends doing whatever my heart desires right?.....WRONG. Summer conditioning for volleyball starts on the 22nd of June and it goes all the way up until camp week. You'd think that I would be excited for camp week then, but I'm not. Camp week is just a big giant week of hard core conditioning before two-a-days start the week after that. As much as I absolutely love to play volleyball I can't say I'm looking forward to the long hours, hard work, and sprinting that comes with it.


Most of the time conditioning is at seven in the morning but this year it starts at seven thirty :) yayy. I pretty much drag myself out of my bed throw on clothes that most of the time doesn't match along with some socks that also never match a pair of shoes and a water bottle and leave. After conditioning is over I feel like I'm going to die. A lot of the time it takes a lot of motivation for me to go and last year I think I went like 5 times out of the entire summer. But then I realized how much summer strength training actually helps your performance. So as much as I don't look forward to putting in the hard work and just wanting to skate by, I really am excited to start working again for the fall season and getting my legs back underneath me and my skills back. By the end of the summer I will be so happy with my accomplishments.

No comments: