Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Changes are always for the better right?

I think I have hit senioritis and I am only a junior. GREAT!! I have always been told "you are a straight A student if you learn to apply yourself, I know you have it in you", but do I? Do I honestly believe them when they say that? Yeah, I do. It's so easy to say you want to try harder but to actually do it is a completely different challenge. I am not a bad kid and I could be a very successful student if I tried. Today it REALLY truly hit me that my teachers have started to give up on me. I had a paper due yesterday during my third hour. Being the awesome student I am woke up at five that morning to type it. I was actually surprised that I could wake myself up and got it done. I was shocked. Anyways, I went to print it out and lucky me the one time I do an assignment on time my printer breaks on me and I'm already skipping my zero hour class just to get this assignment done. So I grab my flash drive thinking 'oh, no biggie I'll just print it at school.' I put my paper on the drive and realize I woke up and did my paper and didn't do anything with my appearance and I'm late.



Through the hustle and bustle of trying to look good for another Wednesday at school, I left my flash drive with the paper I had just written on my dresser....of course. I didn't realize this until I went to print out my paper which by that time was first hour so there was no way I could go home and get it. Well third hour roles around and there isn't much I can do but to tell my teacher the truth. So I did and all I get in return is getting made fun of in front of my whole class about how I was lying about having my paper done and how I didn't actually do it. As I sit there and here my teacher say "You didn't have it done" "yes I did" "no you didn't have your paper done, I don't believe you" I'm almost in tears at this point. I held them back in fear of what my class might say if I did in fact start crying. But I have never felt so disrespected by a teacher in my entire life. It was rude. It is one thing to not believe I had it done because if I were in his position I might not believe myself either, but to say it in front of the whole class and watch them smile as you're on the brink of tears over a paper you did in fact do was ridiculous. At that very moment I realized that teachers are beginning to doubt me. What I mean is that my teachers up until this point have always given me the benefit of the doubt on thing, but now they are starting to see a trend and how lazy I really am. I think I can honestly say that today was my breaking point. Now I am truly ready to prove everyone wrong. I'm ready to show that third hour teacher that I do my work and that I do it well. I'm tired of being looked at as the let down, the slacker, the procrastinator, or the lazy one. I'm ready to make a change in my academics. So here starts the new me and yes this wall post was submitted on time :)

No comments: